Welcome to The ReaDing Rhinoceros Resources! Happy Reading, Creating, and Exploring! Ray and Deb

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Art in Ancient Rome - The Etruscans

Art in Ancient Rome

The Etruscan’s were one of the ancient groups of people that helped to make Italy very powerful. 

This is a fabulous web site that has history and paintings, customs, and maps.     ART IN ANCIENT ROME (EUTRUSCAN) http://arthistoryresources.net/ARTHrome.html#Etruscan


When we were in Italy a few years ago, in the
 town of Volterra, we visited an Eutruscan museum.
I found this book in the gift shop, and was happy to 
see it was written in both Italian and English.
When I looked at the cover, I was amazed!
The author's last name is PETRUCCI, the same as
my mother!

     




    I learned a lot about the Eutruscans from this book. 






As you can see from the top illustration of this page, they loved to dance. I do, too. So here's a little information and an illustration of Etruscans dancing. 

 ACTIVITY:  You need:  paper and crayons or markers.   Draw your family as Etruscan dancers! Tell some stories and make your OWN book.


For more information about Etruscan art:

No comments:

Post a Comment